- Tenderloin Medallions
- Four packages of 4 (2oz) Medallions
- Includes Original Steak Seasoning packet
- Petite 2 ounce Filet Mignon Medallions
- Versatile – kabobs, stir-fry
In this video, I cook an extra-thick ribeye in a Lodge cast iron skillet using what I call ‘The Constant Flip Method.’ It is a method used by some chefs in which the steak is flipped every 30 seconds until a beautiful brown crust is formed.
More Videos from Jeffrey B. Rogers
Follow Jeffrey B. Rogers on Facebook:
Jeffrey B. Rogers’ About Cast Iron Facebook Page
Great discussions on food, great food pics and more.
Join the conversation. Join the fun!
Learn more about cooking with cast iron:
The Google Plus Cast Iron Cooking Community
The Facebook Cast Iron Cooking Group
Nathan owns and runs The Butchery
You can pre-order my new book Fire Food which comes out in April
The DJ BBQ online store has signed copies of my first book
Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/raduk8
Got something you want me to try? Tell me below.
Why not follow me
To hear more of what goes on in my wild mind, and get more in-depth thoughts on eating and cooking steak, check out my podcast: https://anchor.fm/s/b5e988
I’ve gotta say for as much as I’ve cooked steak, I can’t believe how many people mess it up when it’s so simple In this video you’ll learn all kinds of epic tricks to make an incredible steak, to your liking, every time. You’ll find a more in-depth recipe below.
How to Cook the Perfect Steak Recipe:
1. There is no such thing as perfect, perfect is relative to what you like, so keep that in mind first off. That being said, I believe that medium rare steak, especially for good cuts like Ribeye and NY strip, should all be medium rare.
2. Pat your steak dry and then generously season with salt and pepper on both sides as well as a little oil, olive oil, or whatever you like.
3. Get your pan to super hot, cast iron or grill is best, but work what ya got. Gently place the steak on the pan and let it sit to develop a nice crust.
4. Optional: you can flip the steak every thirty seconds, Heston Blumenthal says it helps get a really nice crust. If not, let it sit for 3-4 minutes or so and then flip it over. This all depends on thickness but once it has a nice crust on one side, flip it over and crust up the other side.
5. You can baste the steak with the fat in the pan by spooning the fat on top of the steak as you gently tilt the pan away from you.
6. Once you’ve cooked it on both sides start to feel it and get a sense of how well done it is. If it feels raw inside it’s undercooked, if you push it and it feels really firm it’s probably overcooked. Try to find a happy medium, practice makes pretty damn good. This is the key to cooking great steak, knowing how it should feel, it takes practice but its always better to pull it when it’s under than when it’s over as you can always cook it a bit more. When I first started out I would actually cut a piece off and if it was rare throw it back on a few minutes, some say cheating, but I don’t believe in cheating in the kitchen, it’s all learning.
7. If your steak is thick and starting to burn, pop it in the oven at 300-350ºF for a few minutes to finish cooking through.
8.After it cooks, let it rest for 5–10 minutes before cutting it or you’ll have lots of juices flow on the table, in which case you better catch them and dip the steak in those juicy glorious runs.
9. Keep in mind that as the steak sits it will cook a bit more so it’s best to pull it just before you think it’s perfect.
music by Blue Wednesday:
Check out Bas Rutten’s Liver Shot on MMA Surge: http://bit.ly/MMASurgeEp1
Visit The Gourmet Travelista!
Learn how to make with the help of Mahalo and Judith Jones, food writer and reporter of the Gourmet Travelista! Enjoy!
Check out all of Mahalo’s Cooking videos here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8F711FE68ADA4888
Check out these related Mahalo pages:
How to Make the Best Asian Marinade: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-the-best-asian-marinade
How to Make Asian Baked Salmon: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-asian-baked-salmon
How to Properly Cut a Salmon Filet: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-properly-cut-a-salmon-filet
How to Properly Prepare a Salmon: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-properly-prepare-a-salmon
How to Simply Skin a Salmon Filet: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-simply-skin-a-salmon-filet
How to Make Delicious Maple Marinade: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-delicious-maple-marinade
How to Properly Poach a Salmon: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-properly-poach-a-salmon
How to Make the Best Salmon Cakes: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-the-best-salmon-cakes
How to Properly Choose Your Salmon: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-properly-choose-your-salmon
How to Make Savory Maple Salmon: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-savory-maple-salmon
How to Make Lemon Rosemary Salmon: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-lemon-rosemary-salmon
Check out these Mahalo How-To Playlists:
How to Use Facebook: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5F11AB569088B2F9
How to Use Adobe Photoshop: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F9EA3B49CE93BFEF
How to Speak French: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D2521D2616635BAF
How to Speak Italian: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=887048ECD49FDF31
How to Speak Japanese: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7B20082F3A7DA3E6
How to Speak Spanish: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2450C6C9DCDFCBFD
How to Get into Shape: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5019D7542AFFCCDE
How To Become a Pharmacist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E42E43E1775B1AE8
How To Become a Photographer: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2C523C705B5D715D
How To Get a Job: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0717724A987EF8BF
How To Make Cocktails: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=87EED90408981564
How To Make Coffee Drinks: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=25A4C963FB4D1658
High Octane Coffee Spice Rub & Steak Seasoning by Wayward Gourmet – Dry Coffee Rub for Steak, Brisket, Roasts, Ribs, Chili, Meat, Pork, BBQ & Grilling – Made in USA – No Preservatives – 5.5 oz
Getting down to earth doesn’t mean you have to give up great food. In fact, it should mean making your food even better – especially when it comes to steaks.
If you’ve had a great steak, you know that the crust on it makes all the difference. The secret? Behind every awesome steak is an awesome spice rub. And, when it’s infused with coffee, the crust – and taste – is even better.
Handmade with natural ingredients, like coffee, brown sugar, maple, and cayenne, Wayward Gourmet’s High Octane Coffee Spice Rub & Seasoning is the best way to infuse your meat with incredible flavor.
Keep the junk, like MSG, preservatives, and anti-caking ingredients, far away from your family’s food.
Designed to make the perfect steak, our High Octane coffee rub seasoning also works wonders on:
– Grilled Meat
– Barbecue Pork
Give your steak the boost it needs.
If it’s time to take your grilled meat to the next level, it’s time to click “Add to Cart”
- THE BEST DRY COFFEE RUB FOR MEAT: Your new favorite bbq rub uses coffee and spices for incredible results.
- ALL NATURAL SPICE RUB AND SEASONING: Brown sugar, coffee, maple and cayenne all made the High Octane team.
- ALWAYS PRESERVATIVE AND MSG FREE: Wayward Gourmet believes in good food. No junk in our jars!
- MATCH MADE IN MEAT HEAVEN: High Octane Coffee Rub is awesome for steaks, brisket, ribs and more!
- HANDMADE IN THE UNITED STATES: Wayward Gourmet is a small USA business that loves great-tasting food.
Recipe in the description and at www.cookwithme.at
Like COOK WITH ME.AT on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cookwithmeat
Used tools & products:
Global Knife: http://amzn.to/1ZhPumv
All “amzn.to” links are so called affiliate links. For you no extra costs arise, but in the case of a purchase I receive a commission and you support my channel. Many thanks in advance
To make your perfect Steak is very easy. Portion the beef tenderloin and tie up the steaks with butchers string. Drizzle the me.at with olive oil, rub the Steaks well and let them come up to room temperature.
Prepare your Grill for high heat, season the me.at with salt and oil the cast iron grid.
Sear the Steaks for 90 sec. from each side – turn the me.at for 90° after 45 seconds for a nice branding and repeat this process on the other side.
Remove the Steaks, add a dripping pan to the grill and place the me.at on indirect heat. Close the lid and cook your Steak for an internal temperature of:
For rare: 45°C / 113°F
For medium-rare: 50°C / 122°F
For medium: 54°C / 129°F
For medium well: 58°C / 136°F
As soon as your favourite internal temperature is reached, the Steaks are ready. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, season with pepper and enjoy!
Artist: Otis McDonald
Title: Scarlet Fire
The artist granted a licence for free use at the YouTube music library.
A special thanks goes to Global Knifes – www.idee-exklusiv.com, Ankerkraut – www.ankerkraut.de and Big Green Egg Austria – www.biggreenegg.eu/at
Make dinner extra special with a shake of McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning Blend. Made with all natural herbs and spices, including garlic, extractives of paprika, and coarsely ground pepper, Montreal Steak Seasoning adds mouthwatering flavor and a spicy crunch to steaks, burgers and pork. All it takes is one tablespoon of seasoning per pound of meat to turn a simple meal into a dazzling delight.
- Blend features garlic, salt and extractives of paprika
- Adds bold flavor to steak and burgers
- Made with natural herbs and spices
- No MSG, artificial flavors or colors added
- From America’s #1 herb and spice brand
A somewhat random vlog of what I ate and did on a chill day! Had lunch at my favorite vegan restaurant (Native Foods), got their steak sandwich and nachos! Also worked, did some holiday shopping, cooked dinner and watched a Christmas movie with my sister.
・ more vlogs ・
eating vegan fast food → https://youtu.be/KFSlvvjVSB0
lazy vegan meals → https://youtu.be/C9MCvjPR39I
healthy vegan meals → https://youtu.be/ST4HkZXl_18
・ products mentioned in this video ・
my sister’s awesome wok* → http://amzn.to/2Ap7Gnf
my favorite holiday tea EVER → http://amzn.to/2i815VV
my fleece is v cozy and from shinesty
*amazon affiliate links. your purchase through these links helps support the channel! thank you!*
・ connect with me ・
instagram → @thesarahsullivan
email → email@example.com
pinterest → pinterest.com/sarahsvegankitchen/
my blog → https://www.sarahsvegankitchen.com/
・ about this video ・
filmed with canon t5i → http://amzn.to/2BlkD1u
edited with final cut pro x
music → “i found me” by lakey inspired
*amazon links are affiliate links. thanks for supporting the channel with your purchase. 🙂